Judd Thompson, Jr.
|Born||16 years before Rapture|
|Occupation||Former high school student|
|Relatives||Judd Thompson Sr. (father, raptured), mother (raptured), Marc Thompson (brother, raptured), Marcie Thompson (sister, raptured), Vicki Byrne Thompson (wife), Anne (adoptive daughter)|
|Spiritual State||Saved during the Tribulation|
|First Appearance||The Vanishings (Left Behind: The Kids)|
Judd Thompson Jr. is one of the founding members and leader of The Young Tribulation Force and the main protagonist in the Left Behind: The Kids series. On the night of the disappearances, Judd stole his dad's credit card and ran away, telling his parents that he was going to the library to study. He instead went to O'Hare airport and boarded a one-way flight to England. When some of the people on board the plane disappear, leaving only their clothes, Judd realizes that Jesus has come back and he has been left behind. When he returns home and discovers that his entire family had disappeared in the Rapture, he becomes a believer in Christ. He returns to his old church, where he meets Bruce Barnes, Vicki Byrne, Lionel Washington and Ryan Daley. He allows them all to stay at his house. He falls in love with Vicki early on but does not show his love for her until later. In Book 38 they are married in the desert fortress of Petra.
- In the dramatic audio presentations, he is played by Jason Pardo.
- Judd, Vicki, and Lionel are the only characters to appear in all 40 books of the Left Behind: The Kids series.
- Judd is the only Young Tribulation Force member to have the same name as his father.
- Judd was the only original YTF member not to be spotted by LeRoy Banks.
- Judd was on the same plane as Rayford Steele and Buck Williams on the night of the disappearances.
- Judd is only one of two passengers from the plane in Left Behind and book 1 confirmed to have survived to the Glorious Appearing, the other being Rayford Steele.
- Judd has been kissed by four females, two of whom he dated.
- Judd has been involved in the most romantical relationships of all the members of the Young Tribulation Force.
- Judd was one of 12 YTF members to survive to the Glorious Appearing.
- Judd is the first YTF member to have an arrest record. He was arrested for the first time in book 7.