|Book Series||Left Behind: The Kids|
|Author||Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins|
|Preceded By||Ominous Choices|
|Followed By||The Perils of Love|
"Heat Wave" is the 37th book of the Left Behind: The Kids series. Its release date was in 2004. It was written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.
Synopsis retrieved from back of the book.
Only one year before the King's return, the kids in Wisconsin learn that a young friend has been kidnapped. Their search may take them on their most dangerous rescue mission ever.
Suddenly a devastating judgement strikes the earth. In the mayhem, Judd and Lionel must decide if it's safe to travel. Will they make it to Wisconsin before the judgement ends? Will Judd and Vicki finally get back together?
Original Members of The Young Tribulation Force:
Other Members of The Young Tribulation Force:
- Marshall Jameson
- Tom Fogarty
- Josey Fogarty
- Cheryl Tiffane
- Clemson Stoddard (only appearance)
- Colin Dial
- Gustaf "Zeke" Zuckermandel Jr.
- Maggie Carlson
- Rainer Kurtzmann (first appearance)
- Chang Wong
- Rayford Steele
- Ty Spivey
- Howard (only appearance)
- Howard's mother
- Westin Jakes
- Nicolae Carpathia
- Kruno Fulcire
- Leon Fortunato
- Unnamed Global Community officers (only appearances, deaths)
- Z-Van (mentioned only, no physical appearance)
- It is shown that some of God's judgments can overlap. This is because when the fourth bowl judgment began, the third bowl judgment was still taking place.
- Judd and Lionel finally reunite with the other Young Tribulation Force members and other believers in Wisconsin.
- Only appearance of Clemson Stoddard.
- Lionel is revealed to be 18 years old, almost 19.
- First time Judd and Vicki are seen together since book 17.
- Vicki's 19th birthday.
- First appearance of Rainer Kurtzmann.
- Vicki meets Westin Jakes for the first time.
- Cheryl Tiffane kidnaps Ryan Victor Fogarty and temporarily escapes the Wisconsin hideout with him, though they (along with Tom Fogarty and Marshall Jameson) get captured by GC officers not long afterwards. Vicki Byrne and Mark Eisman help them escape.
- Judd proposes marriage to Vicki, and she accepts.
- Judd and Vicki share their first kiss.
- Last book in the series not to show the deaths of any named characters.
- The third bowl judgment ends.
- The fourth bowl judgment takes place and eventually ends in the last chapter of the book.
- The only appearance of Howard.
- Unnamed Global Community officers
- Victims of the fourth Bowl judgment