|Fire from Heaven|
|Book Series||Left Behind: The Kids|
|Author||Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins|
|Release Date||May 25th, 2001|
|Preceded By||Battling the Commander|
|Followed By||Terror in the Stadium|
Synopsis retrieved from back of the book.
Threatened by a huge meteor, John Preston must make a life-threatening decision aboard the Global Community ship The Peacekeeper One. With the danger increasing, the kids near Chicago must assume new identities. Judd Thompson Jr. and Vicki Byrne are at odds over the group's next move. Will the kids stay together?
Original Members of the Young Tribulation Force:
Other members of the Young Tribulation Force:
- Pete Davidson
- Tsion Ben-Judah
- Chloe Irene Williams
- Boyd Walker (last appearance)
- Jim Pelton (only appearance, death)
- Mitchell Stein
- Gustaf Zuckermandel, Sr.
- Gustaf Zuckermandel, Jr.
- Sally (last appearance)
- Nicolae Carpathia
- Melinda Bentley
- Carl Meninger (first appearance)
- Terrel Blancka (picture only, death)
- Unnamed captain of The Peacekeeper One (only appearance,death)
- Unnamed crew members of The Peacekeeper One (only appearances, deaths)
- Red Motor (death)
- Clyde (death, only appearance)
- Joyce (picture only, death)
- Taylor Graham
- "Ichabod" (only appearance)
- Unnamed old man (only appearance, death)
- John Preston's only POVs
- The only book in the series in which John Preston's name is written in the synopsis.
- John Preston is killed during the second trumpet judgment. He is the third member of the Young Tribulation Force to die. The first is Chaya Stein, the second is Ryan Daley, the fourth is Nada, the fifth is Natalie Bishop, the sixth is Tom Gowin, the seventh is Luke Gowin, and the eighth is John's cousin Mark Eisman.
- The first appearance of Carl Meninger. John saves his life by giving up his spot on Peacekeeper 1's small submarine for him.
- One of only two times when a POV in heaven is shown. When John died in the fourth chapter, "Splashdown", heaven is shown. The other time was when Mark Eisman died in book 39.
- The only appearance of Jim Pelton.
- 12 people that occupied the Peacekeeper 1 entered the escape submarine: Carl Meninger and six other Peacekeeper 1 crew members, and five hostages that Jim and the others from The Peacekeeper 1 rescued from a pirate ship.
- The captain of the Peacekeeper One drew seven names of the Peacekeeper One crew to decide who would be able to occupy Peacekeeper One's small submarine to survive the meteor. John Preston's name was the sixth to be called. John refused to enter the submarine, however, and made Carl Meninger take his place in the submarine.
- First appearance of Zeke Zuckermandel Jr. in the Left Behind: The Kids series.
- The second trumpet judgment takes place.
- The third trumpet judment takes place.
- Chloe Steele Williams expresses her sorrow for Ryan Daley's death.
- Judd, Vicki, Lionel, Conrad, and Darrion get fake identification cards.
- Mark Eisman's first POV.
- It is revealed that Terrel Blancka was executed by the Global Community for letting the Young Tribulation Force escape.
- It is also revealed that Joyce, the girl that accused Vicki of killing Mrs. Jenness, was also killed by the Global Community to eliminate everyone associated with the Young Tribulation Force.
- The last time Conrad Graham would see his brother Taylor alive, due to Taylor's death in book 18.
- The last time Judd Thompson Jr. and Lionel Washington would see Pete Davidson alive. Pete would be executed by the Global Community in book 30 and Judd and Lionel would not return to the United States until book 34.
- Last appearance of Boyd Walker. It is unknown what happened to him afterwards.
- The last time Mr. Daley and Marjorie Louise Daley are mentioned in the series.
- Red's death.
- The only appearance of Clyde.
- Last appearance of Sally.
- Charlie gives Felicia water to drink, not aware that the drink contains poisonous Wormwood.
- In the book, it remains unknown how Terrel Blancka died and the identity of his killer is never revealed. In the Dramatic Audio presentation, Suhail Akbar kills Blancka with three gunshot wounds to the forehead.
- In the dramatic audio presentation, John Preston's death scene is omitted.