|Created||Midpoint of Tribulation|
|Dissolved||Day of Glorious Appearing|
The official and only legal religion of Earth during the latter half of the Tribulation, Carpathianism is established by the Antichrist figure and leader of the global government in the Left Behind series of books. The religion lasts for three and a half years before meeting its downfall at the hands of Jesus Christ.
Carpathianism is founded by Global Community Supreme Potentate and Antichrist Nicolae Carpathia in book eight of the series, The Mark, replacing Enigma Babylon One World Faith. Having been "indwelt" by Satan and raised from the dead after being slain by Chaim Rosenzweig, Carpathia is quick to proclaim himself as the one true God. Promoting his Supreme Commander and False Prophet Leon Fortunato to the rank of Most High Reverend Father of Carpathianism, he outlaws all existing religions and declares that swift and brutal punishment will come to those who refuse to adopt this religion and, in turn, worship him as God.
Acceptance of this religion requires the participant to bear the "mark of loyalty" on his right hand or his forehead and to bow down before the image of Carpathia three times a day, with failure to do so punishable by death. It is also mandatory for followers of the religion to sing "Hail Carpathia" whenever it is played live before the Potentate's appearances, or, in the case of New Babylon being blanketed by the plague of darkness from the fifth Bowl Judgment, when the image of Carpathia is no longer visible.
Carpathianism seems to be enforced like Islam is in countries like Saudi Arabia that have the religious police such as the mutaween. While Judd Thompson Jr. was in Petra, he saw a Global Community Cable News Network broadcast that showed people who had not worshiped the image of Carpathia being beaten in the streets. The Global Community somehow was able to figure out who had not worshiped that day (or they acted on the basis of tenuous suspicions). The Morale Monitors with clubs and electric batons moved through lines of supplicants who seemed tired of genuflecting and praying to the statue of Carpathia.
It is unknown if Carpathianism officially believes in the existence of a soul. When eulogizing the "deaths" of Hannah Palemoon, David Hassid, Abdullah Smith, and Mac McCullum in the Quasi 2 crash, Suhail Akbar said that they will offer prayers to the risen potentate for the eternal souls of the deceased.
- Leonardo Fortunato - Most High Reverend Father of Carpathianism, False Prophet
- Viviana Ivinisova - Implementer of the "mark of loyalty"
- Suhail Akbar - Security and Intelligence chief of the Global Community
- Jim Hickman - Supreme Commander
- Walter Moon - Supreme Commander, successor to Hickman
- Od Gustav - Subpotentate of the United European States
- Ramon Santiago - Head of the Global Community Peacekeepers division
- Neal Damosa - Head of Global Community education
- Aurelio Sequoia Figueroa - Head of the computer department
- Consuela Conchita - Director of Health & General Surgeon
- Guy Blod - Minister of Art, created the first official image of Carpathia for worship
- Raman Vajpayee - Member of the Global Community cabinet of officials
- Loren Hut - Head of the Morale Monitors
- Myron "Z-Van" Vanzangler - Lead singer for The Four Horsemen
- Kruno Fulcire - Military Commander
- Darryl Henderson - Military Commander
- Nelson Stefanich - Soldier
- Lars Rahlmost - Computer technician
- Vasily Medvedev - Pinkerton Stephens' personal assistant, later regrets his choice
- Brooke McCarty - Global Community officer
- Lee McCarty - Global Community officer
- Cal Trachsel - Peacekeeper
- Alex Athenas - Executioner
- Cyril Bernard - Z-Van's agent
- Krystall Carney - Carpathia's secretary, later regrets her choice
- Patrick Rose (aka Marty Peck in Dramatic Audio) - Civilian physician, later regrets his choice
- April Wojekowski - GCCNN reporter
- Sue West - GCCNN reporter
- Anika Janssen - GCCNN reporter
- Paulos Ganter - Greek civilian
- Anita Sanchez - Global Community Peacekeeper in San Diego (Dramatic Audio)
- Jock Ashmore - Global Community Peacekeeper in San Diego
- Elena - Global Community operative masquerading as Georgiana Stavros
- Bruno - Member of Global Community Unity Army (Dramatic Audio)
- Holden - Member of Global Community Unity Army (Dramatic Audio)