|Nationality||Caucasian American (novels), African American (movies)|
|Born||? years before Rapture|
|Died||18 months from the start of Tribulation, was resurrected after Jesus' return|
|Occupation||Pastor of New Hope Village Church|
|Relatives||Wife (raptured), child (raptured)|
|Spiritual State||Saved shortly after Rapture|
|First Appearance||Left Behind|
Bruce Barnes is a pastor of New Hope Village Church in Chicago. Like many others, he was left behind at the Rapture. He claimed to be a believer, but never really received Christ as his Lord and Savior. His wife, who became a true believer, was raptured along with his children. After the vanishing of Vernon Billings, Bruce Barnes took over as the pastor, distributing copies of the video the previous pastor had made for those who were left behind, and forming the Tribulation Force along with Rayford Steele, his daughter Chloe, and news reporter Buck Williams. He was also the mentor for four young teenagers that formed the Young Tribulation Force. He officiated the dual weddings of both Rayford Steele and Amanda White and also Buck and Chloe. He was poisoned during his worldwide evangelizing trip to set up underground churches and died in Chicago during World War III. After the resurrection of the Tribulation martyrs, Bruce worked to spread the gospel message to the nations in the Millennial Kingdom period.
In Other Media
- In Left Behind: The Movie and Left Behind II: Tribulation Force, Bruce Barnes was played by Clarence Gilyard. In Left Behind: World at War, he was played by Arnold Pinnock.
- In the Dramatic Audio presentations, Bruce Barnes was voiced by Jon Gauger.
- Left Behind (becomes a believer)
- Tribulation Force (death)
- Glorious Appearing (resurrected)
- Kingdom Come
- 1. The Vanishings
- 2. Second Chance
- 3. Through the Flames
- 4. Facing the Future
- 5. Nicolae High
- 6. The Underground
- 7. Busted!
- 8. Death Strike (death)
- 9. The Search (flashback)
- 40. Triumphant Return (resurrected)
Characters of the Left Behind series: List