|Battling the Commander|
|Book Series||Left Behind: The Kids|
|Author||Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins|
|Release Date||June 1st, 2001|
|Preceded By||Judgment Day|
|Followed By||Fire from Heaven|
Synopsis retrieved from back of the book.
Hiding from Commander Blancka, the kids pray for their friends who remain in the clutches of the Global Community. Lionel tries to convince the Morale Monitors that he is loyal while at the same time helping his friends to escape. Judd and the others hide from their enemies until they must take a stand.
Original Members of The Young Tribulation Force:
Other Members of The Young Tribulation Force:
- Mitchell Stein (becomes a believer)
- Boyd Walker
- Pete Davidson
- Sally (first appearance)
- Pavel Rudja
- Hank (confirmed death, no physical appearance)
- Judy (confirmed death, no physical appearance)
- Melinda Bentley
- Terrel Blancka (last appearance)
- Ferguson (only appearance)
- Larry Wilcox (only appearance)
- Nicolae Carpathia
- This is the last appearance of Commander Terrel Blancka.
- This is the first book to start with the POV of a non-original Young Tribulation Force member, namely, Conrad Graham.
- The name of the owner of the gas station Pete and Judd defended is revealed: Boyd Walker. Boyd also became a believer.
- It is revealed that John Preston was drafted and forced into service by the Global Community Navy after the earthquake.
- John's fate after the earthquake and what happened at his college is finally revealed.
- Hank and Judy are executed by the Global Community for taking in believers.
- With the deaths of Hank and Judy, none of the known members of their family have survived to the Glorious Appearing.
- The first time the Graham brothers are seen together and the first time they are seen interacting.
- There is an error in the synopsis. It says Lionel is trying to convince the Morale Monitors that he is loyal, when it is actually Conrad who is trying to convince the Morale Monitors that he is loyal, since Lionel's true loyalties were already exposed.
- The only appearance of Larry Wilcox.
- The only appearance of Ferguson.